I think because I am a vegetarian and deal with ingredients that take in whatever you add to them, I have become the queen of throwing together a marinade. I just feel like a marinade just elevates what you are eating, and induces your taste buds to just fly high! I use it to dress salads, or greens and impart flavor to mushrooms, tofu, or any protein source. Yummmmm…
When you look at the back of most frozen precooked flavored chicken it has so much in that I just am not too sure why it’s there other than to preserve it, because it doesn’t impart any flavor what so ever. Because I am that girl that’s like I can do that on my own and it will taste much better than that and I feel good about feeding this to him.
All you need is 1 lemon, 3 cloves of garlic, and 4 sprigs of thyme per one pound of chicken to get things started. I always at least double if not triple this recipe since it is super simple to the pull together quickly. I love using this recipe to have grilled chicken in the freezer for him to grab for adding to salads or to make a chicken wrap sandwich, which is what I made for him for his feeding. Here is the full list of everything you will need to get this quick marinade pulled together for whatever protein source you choose to go with.
To Make Marinade
- In a large glass bowl add in the lemon juice, garlic, and thyme leaves.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly drizzle in the olive or avocado oil (note: if you plan to use for a salad use olive oil, if using to marinade a protein that will be heated use avocado oil)
- Stir to combine until the oil and lemon juice have come together, have emulsified.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Taste with the goal for it to be very bold, tangy and garlicy
- Drizzle on leafy greens or veggies of choice and enjoy.
- If marinading a protein pour over protein in a leakproof container and store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Cook protein accordingly and enjoy.
Like I said I made him a chicken wrap sandwich for this feeding and this is also the recipe that I used to add some flavor to my chicken that I used in my Veggie Packed Chicken Pot Pies. I love that I can make several servings to add to the freezer for him to grab and add to what ever or create a quick meal from.
Tiger’s Feeding Feedback
Fried Chicken!!!!! My second Love!!!! Now you know I wasn’t going to get fried chicken. I got something much better, healthier, and to my surprise more tasty. My BOO DID THIS to PERFECTION. The sandwich was a perfect combination of all that “healthy stuff” and chicken seasoned to perfection. I was supposed to put the extra chicken in the freezer but that didn’t happen. I found myself snacking on them individually and now they are all gone. Nic Love has a way of making me see things from a different meal variety. Never thought I would love any other type of chicken besides fried chicken, but now I’m a Grill Chicken Wrap Lover! Who’da Thunk It!!